Finding the right words or what feels like the proper way to offer expressions of deepest sympathy to a family member, friend or colleague after the loss of a loved one can be challenging. There are many considerations to take into account when expressing condolences to another individual. Below, find a wide range of sympathy message examples that are appropriate to send to a loved one, colleague, or acquaintance.
Condolence Gift Messages
- May this help make the mourning process even a shred less difficult.
- May this food provide nourishment to you and your loved ones during this difficult time.
- A small token of our endless love and thoughts.
- Sending love, thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this tough time.
- Your [friend/loved one] loved this/these; we send them with him/her in mind.
- Here’s to [name] and his/her everlasting memory.
- His/her memory will reside forever in my/our heart(s.)
- In memory of an amazing, one-of-a-kind man/woman.
- In memory of [name], a person we were blessed to know and love.
- Sending all our love at this difficult time.
- The ones we love are never gone, they live within our hearts.
- Wishing you loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
Text & Email Messages
- Sending my/our sincere sympathies from afar.
- Thinking of you during this difficult time.
- Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your loved one/friend.
- We are sorry beyond words for your loss.
- We are heartbroken by your loss and are sorry we cannot be there during this difficult time.
- May his/her memory be a blessing. Our hearts are with you.
- “May flight of Angels sing thee to thy rest.” -Shakespeare
- “Life every man holds dear; but the dear man holds honor far more precious dear than life.” -Shakespeare
- “In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.” –Robert Frost
- “Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.” -George Eliot
- “Every man dies. Not every man really lives.” –William Wallace
- “It is not length of life, but depth of life.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Plant A Tree” Messages
- A living tribute to a beautiful and generous spirit.
- An eternal memory that will continue to grow.
- May each new leaf represent my ever-growing love for you.
- May these trees grow and blossom in his/her memory.
- May these trees stand in tribute to a life well lived.
- May this tree provide shade and comfort as your mother/father did.
- “God is our refuge and our strength.” -Psalm 46:1
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” -Matthew 5:4
- “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.” -Psalm 119:50
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” -Matthew 11:28
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” -Psalm 34:18
- “You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.” -Psalm 18:28